Thursday, April 30, 2009

Can you freeze quince paste and have it thaw as a gel again?

I discovered that there was a quince tree in the backyard of the house we bought! Now that I have identified the fruit (finally!) and it is fall, I have made some quince paste. It is very fragrant, and the house smells wonderful. It is in the fridge setting up right now.





The question is, I have TONNES of it and I won't be able to eat it all at once. Does quince paste freeze well? Will it still be a nice fragrant gel when it thaws? Or will it turn to mush or liquid?

Can you freeze quince paste and have it thaw as a gel again?
no.....paste is already mush.....can or jar it!
Reply:I have frozen quince paste for over two years and it is still the same coming out of the freezer - yes it can be frozen nicely. Report It


imax theatre

No comments:

Post a Comment