Saturday, November 19, 2011

Where can I find fresh quinces?

For years, my grandfather shipped quinces to my mother for Christmas. But now he's gone. Surely somebody out there has a quince tree - and no use for the quinces. I'll pay cash to anyone with a few to ship and share.

Where can I find fresh quinces?
Quinces spotted in Virginia on October 31st:





"Bethesda, Md.: Happy Halloween, Rangers! I'm looking for fresh quince for a lamb stew recipe. I haven't been able to find it at Whole Foods or Trader Joe's. Any ideas? Thanks!





Walter: Fresh quince are not the easiest fruit to find. But they have them for $1.99 each at Super H Mart in Fairfax. (10780 Fairfax Blvd.; 703-273-0570.)





Jane Touzalin: It's also worth calling Harris Teeter; sometimes they have fresh quince on their exotic-produce shelf. But it's hit or miss. "





They are often available at Mexican or Spanish grocery store. Call around inyour area and see. They are very hard fruits and should ship well. They are grown in the Fresno, CA area and most of those are shipped to LA to the Hispanic community's markets.





They have also been spotted here:


Rose International Market


Address: 1060 Castro St.


Mountain View, CA


Phone: 650.960.1900.


Hours: Market open 8am-9pm Mon-Sat, 9am-8pm

shoe horns

No comments:

Post a Comment